Yacht Club Games has announced a new update for Shovel Knight on their blog, bringing the game up to version 2.2. Several new changes, bug fixes, and balancing additions have been announced, including some fixes for the Wii U’s exclusive co-op mode. Here’s a quick list of all the changes in this update:
- New: [Plague] Mail Minion will now read a letter to you which includes all sorts of neat stats.
- New: [Plague] Minion can now appear within Plains of Passage to explain how to perform a bomb burst in case you’re stuck!
- New: [Plague] Shovel Knight’s Secret Palette Cheats now work when playing as Plague Knight (Plague uses #1-16, SK uses #1-32)
- Adjustment: [Plague] vs Propeller Knight has been tuned to be less difficult.
- Adjustment: [Plague] Alchemy menu is slightly faster to open, close, and select items.
- Fix: [Plague] Lock up when defeating Mole Knight when Mole Knight is hiding in the wall.
- Fix: [Plague] Health display inconsistencies when upgrading health while maxed out on health tonics.
- Fix: Re-added some missing treasure in the first enemy map encounter
- Fix: Item Completion percent surpassing 100%. (armors were being counted twice)
- Fix: Crash when defeated by Mr. Hat, quitting while in the Fancy Shop, or returning to the fancy shop after defeating Mr. Hat in the Armor Outpost. (2.1 only)
- Fix: Player can collect pickups while in chest open surprise animation.
- 3DS & Wii U: [Plague] Relic heap icons appear on the touch screen now too!
- 3DS: Crash when viewing Plague Knight Feats in German while stereoscopic 3D is enabled.
- 3DS and Wii U: [Shovel] Fixed crash when exiting stage while the Troupple Chalice is selected. (2.1 only)
- 3DS and Wii U: [Plague] Fixed crash (and made other improvements) when using relic quick and arcana touch menu at the same time.
- 3DS: Fixed crash when quitting to world map when recording a ghost in the StreetPass arena while playing with Custom Knight. (2.1 only)
- Wii U: [Co-Op] Treasure Knight Chest doesn’t pull in respawning players
It should be noted that the North American version of Shovel Knight is still one update period behind the European version, which is on 2.1. Hopefully we’ll see this release soon enough on the Wii U, as the Steam version of the game has already received the update.