Yesterday, a number of Diablo III players voiced frustration over problems they’ve started experiencing since the latest patch. The 2.4 update brings with it a number of enhancements and a new area, but for some it also brought frame rate hitches and menu lag.
Blizzard says its on the case, though it hasn’t been able to reproduce the problems. In order to get to the bottom of the issue, the team is asking for help from the community.
If you’re having issues, Blizzard is asking that you provide the following information as a comment in this forum post. Be prepared with the following:
- Platform (Xbox One or PS4):
- Region (US, Europe, etc):
- Character Class:
- Skills used:
- Are you playing solo or party? If party, with how many other players?:
- Do you notice this at specific in-game locations?:
- For those experiencing menu issues, what menus?:
- Description of performance issues. Is framerate dropping constant? Do you notice it sometimes more than others? Do you notice it when performing certain tasks?:
- Is there any other information you think could be relevant?:
As soon as we have more information from Blizzard, we’ll update. For now, help out and let the company know if you’re having problems.
While it’s frustrating when a developer can’t reproduce a problem that many people are experiencing, this is the right way to address it. Hopefully Blizzard can get to the bottom of this quickly.